Sirui, a veteran Chinese camera accessories manufacturer, released its 50mm f/1.8 1.33x lens on Indiegogo on the 10th of December. The lens produces image circle covering APS-C sensors and comes in versions with Sony E-mount, Fujifilm X-mount, and Micro 4/3 mount. Weighing in at only 560g, this compact, sturdy, and durable lens is perfect for on-the-go filmmaking.
The anamorphic lens is a must-have for filmmakers who want to create works with the widescreen aspect ratio and Hollywood-style lens flare. Compared to the traditional 50mm APS-C lens, it boosts the horizontal field of view by 33% to achieve a FOV equivalent to an APS-C 37.5mm lens. In a 16:9 setting, users can easily produce a cinematic 2.4:1 widescreen video.
Built with a precision optical structure and multiple layers of nano-coating, the lens will deliver a vivid, recognisable horizontal blue flare. Other characteristics are the out-of-focus elements. The lens has a large F1.8 aperture ring, which optimizes the depth of view to create an oval bokeh effect. Each lens has 10 aperture blades that create specular out-of-focus highlights and more pleasing bokeh.
Adopted German-manufactured Schott optical glass lens elements, together with the robust aluminum body and copper core, the lens achieves focal length, zoom, and aperture with smooth, consistent precision to create ultra-wide rectangular aspect ratios.
“Shooting anamorphic is notorious for being prohibitively expensive for indie filmmakers. We’ve made the lens smaller and lighter, and its affordable price allows everyone in the mass market to have a chance to produce film-level works, a meaningful way to promote photographic creations,” SIRUI Marketing Director Sonny Liu said.
- Lens structure: 11 elements in 8 groups
- Aperture blades: 10
- Aperture: f/1.8-f/16
- Sensor Coverage: up to APS-C
- Shooting distance: 0.85m to infinity
- Focus method: manual focus only
- Maximum magnification: 1:15.38(V), 1:20.17(H)
- Filter spec: M67 x 0.75
- Rotation angle of the focus ring: 143.6°
- Max. diameter: 68.2mm (2.69″)
- Diameter of the focus ring: 61.7mm (2.43″)
- Total length (without lens caps): approx. 106.6mm (4.2″)
- Weight: approx. 553-562g (1.22-1.24 lbs)
- Lens mount: Sony E-mount, FUJIFILM X-mount, M4/3 mount