Free upgrade for Panasonic EVA1
A free firmware upgrade for the Panasonic EVA1 will add support for external Raw recording and new All-I 10-bit 4:2:2 at 400Mbps formats among a range of other new features. It will be released at the end of March.
In a bid to match up to rival cameras from Sony and Canon, the Raw option will give the ultimate quality but will need an external recorder like and Atomos. The All-Intra options will mean the file sizes are larger but quality should be improved, for those who don’t want the extra post processing and strain on memory that Raw files require.
There will also be 2K recording up to 240fps in Raw. If you shoot at 5.7K Raw, frame rates go up to 30fps and in 4K up to 60fps.
The new features include:
All-I frame rates:
- 4K 400Mbps 10-bit 4:2:2 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p
- UHD 400Mbps 10-bit 4:2:2 29.97p/25p/23.98p
- 2K/FHD 200Mpbs 10-bit 4:2:2 59.94p/50p
- 2K 100Mbps 10-bit 4:2:2 29.97p/25p/24p/23.98p
- FHD 100Mbps 10-bit 4:2:2 29.97p/25p/23.98p
Variable frame rates:
- 4K/UHD VFR up to 400Mbps 10-bit 4:2:2 1-30fps
- 2K/FHD VFR up to 200Mbps 10-bit 4:2:2 1-120fps.