New Nikon Z teleconverters extend the options for Nikon Z users
Posted on Jul 31, 2020 by Pro Moviemaker
The Z Teleconverter TC-1.4x gives users 40 % more reach, and the Z Teleconverter TC-2.0x lets users double their reach
The first lens to be compatible with these teleconverters is the Nikkor Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S. As the Nikkor Z lens line-up expands, more lenses will be compatible with the Z Teleconverters.
Nikon’s optical design ensures high-resolution images when using either teleconverter, and the minimum focus distance of the lens remains unchanged.
In addition, the Nikon Z system’s autofocus and vibration reduction ensure the precision users have come to expect from Nikon Z.
Users will be able to turn a telephoto zoom lens into a super telephoto, or extend the reach of a prime lens. All without affecting image performance.
Both of the new Z Teleconverters are tough performers. Sealed to keep dust and moisture out, they are also treated with Nikon’s fluorine coat—which effectively repels dust and dirt.
Constructed from tough, textured anodized aluminium, the design of the new teleconverters blends smoothly with Nikon Z cameras and Nikkor Z lenses.
Robert Harmon, Senior Commercial Planning Manager, Nikon UK, comments:
“Nikon’s new teleconverters bring a new dimension of flexibility to the Nikon Z mirrorless system. As the Nikkor Z lens line-up expands, your options for using the Z Teleconverters will grow. Whether you shoot action, wildlife, or nature, you’ll be able to get closer to the details without switching lenses.”
Summary of key features
- Z Teleconverter TC-1.4x: Extends the focal length range of a compatible Nikkor Z lens by 40%.
- Z Teleconverter TC-2.0x: Extends the focal length range of a compatible Nikkor Z lens by 100%.
- Nikon Z image quality: Nikon’s optical formula ensures sharp images with only one or two stops of light loss depending on the teleconverter used.
- Sharp: Superb autofocus. Vibration Reduction. Users get the sharpness and speed they’re used to from Nikon Z.
- Toughness: Z Teleconverters are sealed to keep dust and moisture out. Nikon’s fluorine coat effectively repels dust and dirt, without compromising image quality.
- Authentically Nikon: Constructed from tough, textured anodized aluminium, Z Teleconverters blend smoothly with Nikon Z cameras and Nikkor Z lenses.
Read more about the new Nikon Z range here.
Read the Summer 2020 issue of Pro Moviemaker here.