Science underpins Nanlite’s Forza Monolight 60C
Posted on Jun 1, 2022 by Samara Husbands
Adding to its Forlight series, Nanlite’s Forza 60C Monolight is set to illuminate a range of video production industries.
Nanlite’s Monolight ingeniously adopts the BGBLAC six-colour mixing technology, while integrating additional LED beads of lime/amber/cyan into the traditional RGB light source to fundamentally solve the problem of incomplete colour spectrum. The 60 C also simultaneously achieves near-daylight spectrum. Saturation strengthens significantly for colours other than RGB in HIS mode, which means that Forza 60C offers cutting edge colour rendition over other RGB/RGBW/RGBWW LED lights. A full spectrum, wider colour gamut, more accurate colour reproduction and more subtle light/colour quality are achieved.
Key features of the 60C include:
- High illuminance: (12,[email protected], at 5600K), 60W output.
- Lightweight lamp head: weighing 1.08KG only.
- Ultra-Wide CCT range of 1,800K-20,000K with ±100 G/M adjustment.
- CRI: Average 96, TLCI: Average 95 / TM-30 Rf: Average 95 / TM-30 Rg: Average 100.
- Nanlite FM Mount: The same light shaping mount as the FORZA 60 / 60B.
- 15 Built-in Practical Effects: HUE Loop, CCT Loop, INT Loop, Flash, Pulse, Storm, Police Car, TV, Paparazzi, Candle/Fire, Disco, Bad Bulb, Firework, Explosion and Welding.
- L-bracket makes it easy to adjust with 330° Rotation.
- Consistent lighting support: DC adapter / Battery grip with NPF batteries / V mount battery with D-tap cable.
- Quiet fan and intelligent temperature control system.
- Firmware updates via the USB port on the fixture body.
Nanlite have overcome several technical challenges when implementing the RGBLAC system. By optimising the distribution of the light source and structure design, the 60C avoids uneven illumination. Backed-up by science, the power of each LED bead is calibrated to ensure that the light has a 60W power draw for all colours, and the illuminance discrepancy between different colour are now obsolete. There are of course natural advantages to concentrating light and spreading light evenly in a space. The Forza 60c brings unprecedented flexibility in lighting control, making it fundamental to film and video producers, music video producers, high=end commercial portrait producers and Live streamers, where they all require accurate CCT/HUE/GM adjustment control.
The Forza 60C will have an SRP in the UK of £677.00 including VAT and will be available to purchase early, June 2022. Please see the attached technical sheet.
For additional information: www.nanlite.co.uk